Grilling is a time-honored tradition of the summer season. Families enjoy brats and burgers along with salads and coleslaw on many summer evenings. While you’re enjoying the festivities, don’t forget about grill safety. You don’t want to experience an accidental fire in Green Bay or Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. But, if something does happen, call ServiceMaster Recovery by Restoration Holdings for your fire restoration needs after the fire has been doused.
Keep these safety tips in mind while you grill:
- If you use a charcoal grill, keep the grill at least ten feet from any building structure. Otherwise, flames could leap to the structure and cause damage.
- When lighting gas grills, pull the lid back so it doesn’t blow upward.
- Keep your grilling utensils nearby so you can attend to the lit grill without having to walk away.
- Be careful of excess wind blowing the flames where you don’t want them to go.
- Don’t put your grill away until it has completely cooled down.
If you follow these tips and be careful when grilling, you and your family should enjoy your summer outing that much more.
Fires can be caused by lightning or faulty electrical wiring as well. Make sure your wiring meets code regulations. Have a properly rated and charged fire extinguisher in an accessible location.
After a fire has wreaked havoc on your home, contact ServiceMaster Recovery by Restoration Holdings for your fire restoration needs in Green Bay and Sturgeon Bay. We are professional and courteous. We will treat your possessions with the care they deserve.
Many times, if you call right away, we can restore your items almost to their original condition. We know your possessions mean a lot to you.
Be prepared the next time you grill. Think of safety first. In the event of a fire emergency, dial 911 first. Afterward, let the professionals at ServiceMaster Recovery by Restoration Holdings take care of your fire restoration needs.