If you or a loved one is struggling with extreme hoarding, the professionals at ServiceMaster Recovery by Restoration Holdings RRH, based in Green Bay, WI, can provide compassionate and professional assistance.
Cleaning up a hoarding or gross filth situation is among the biohazard and trauma cleanup services offered by ServiceMaster Recovery by Restoration Holdings. Our technicians have extensive experience in providing professional and prompt cleaning services while restoring property to a safe and healthy condition. Our services include the removal of items, hauling of heavy appliances or furniture, and a thorough clean up of the dwelling.
It’s estimated that over 3 million Americans suffer from the psychological disorder of hoarding, defined as the excessive collecting of items coupled with the inability to discard them regardless of their value. A person with hoarding disorder experiences distress at the thought of getting rid of those items.
The disorder, which ranges from mild to severe, often creates such cramped living conditions that homes may be filled to capacity, with only narrow pathways winding through stacks of clutter. Safety personnel like police or fire fighters may be unable to access the home. Some people also collect animals, keeping dozens or hundreds of pets in unsanitary conditions because they can’t care for them properly.
Hoarding disorder affects emotions, thoughts, and behavior. Other signs of the disorder may include:
- Living in unsanitary conditions
- Being unable to use rooms for their intended purpose because they are too cluttered
- Letting food or trash build up to unusually excessive, unsanitary levels
- Moving items from one pile to another, without discarding anything
- Attempts to sort junk from valuables only results in moving things from one pile to another
- Shame or embarrassment and limited or no social interactions
- Access to the home is blocked
If you find yourself in a situation where hoarding cleanup is required, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’ll work with you to bring a sense of order and peace back to your life or the life of a loved one.